Thursday, July 12, 2012

...and it begins

I have been surrounded by goals for the last couple of years that have kept me pretty busy.  I have recently begun to see the light at the end of the tunnel as I have been able to check off accomplishments.  It's wonderful what persistence and hard work can do!  I just graduated with my Bachelor's degree and I have gotten my teaching certification for Elementary Education.  


I am so excited about my new career!  Of course, I haven't actually landed a job, yet... but! I have faith that I will.  As I enter this new stage in my life, I had to check one more thing off of my list.  Call me crazy, but I have wanted to start a blog for a while now.  So.... Check!


Here we go on a fabulous journey!


To kick the blog off, I went out today to the local Salvation Army to see if I could find some good deals on things that I could transform...  


I found this (very small) wooden box that is painted a light blue and has pink and white circles painted on the top.  The bottom has pads on it. 






I paid $1 for the box.  I also found a glass jar (maybe a candy jar).  I paid $1 for that, too.



I found a really ugly cute wooden plaque that has a hook on the back for hanging. 


I only paid fifty cents for this.

.....and a yard stick that has an advertisement on it for forty-nine cents.


Oh!  I almost forgot the tin pail for sixty-nine cents! 

Okay..... my plans are to transform these items into attractive decorative pieces.

Check back soon!

:-) Tonya




No comments:

Post a Comment

RETURN TO TOP